Publications on Urban Issues
- Pumain D., Reuillon R., Chapron P., Cherel G., Cura R, Cottineau C., Ignazzi C-A, Rey-Coyrehourcq S., Schmitt C. et Swerts E. (2017) Urban dynamics and simulation models, Springer, 123p.
Key-words. Simulation, Simulation models, Simpop, Systems of Cities, Complexity, Urban systems, Urban systems dynamics, BRICS.
Link to the book: http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783319464954
Link to the GeoDiverCity Website: http://geodivercity.parisgeo.cnrs.fr/blog/2017/03/urban-dynamics-and-simulation-models/
- EcoCities Initiative
Ecocities is emerging as an important initiative bring human actions in balance with the environment, They are developing tools and resources under the “Mapping Secondary Cities for Resiliency, Human Security and Emergency Preparedness Program ” of the US Office of the Geographer.
Supporting the progression towards cities in balance with human and natural systems are a number of educational resources, the EcoCompass , along with Urbinsight (under development), an online city assessment and visualization tool enabling cities and citizens to map their course towards ecocity conditions. online journal – find out more .
- Sokol M., (2011) Economic Geographies of Globalisation: A Short Introduction. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar. 198 pages.
Buy on-line at:
- Bourne L.S., Hutton T., Shearmur R.G., Simmon J. (ed.) (2011) Canadian urban regions.Trajectories of growth and change. Oxford: Oxford University Press. 384 pages
- Pacione M. (2009). Urban Geography : A Global Perspective (Third Edition). London : Routledge.
- Brunn S. D., Hays-Mitchell M., Zeigler D. J. (ed.) (2008). Cities of the World. World Regional Urban Development. Fourth Edition. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers. (with the participation of two committee members : Adrián Guillermo Aguilar (Middle America) & Kam Wing Chan (East Asia))